Welcome to the 2014 Holiday Ornament Exchange reveal, hosted by the lovely Sally Russick of The Studio Sublime.
The idea behind this event is quite simple: Sally is tasking us with creating an artistic holiday ornament and sending it to our partner. This year I have been partnered with Susan Kenedy of Sue Beads, who makes awesome glass beads!
Look at the pure beauty she sent me:
Red and gold - perfect for Christmas! It will take a place of honour in my special table tree (which is, in fact, a jewelry tree, made of iron), very soon (I am finishing decorating the big tree and the house).
In making her something I scrapped many plans. I wanted this and that, or this or that, and nothing 'clicked' with me. So I went back to wire and a beautifully green-bluish seed beads, plus some pearl lentils, added 3 coral beads and, voila!
A holy leaf :) One can wear it as a pendant or have the tree wear it as an ornament, whichever they choose. I hope Sue likes as much as I love her gold-leafed red lentil! We both went for lentils and leaves - minds thinking alike, isn't that funny!
A big thank you to Sue for her awesome ornament and an equally big thank you to our hostess, Sally. Please make sure you visit everyone in the group (it's a cozy get-together) and let them know how you like the ornaments we have created this year!
Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season: Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones!
1. Sally Russick and Tanya Goodwin
2. Veralynne Malone and Sally Russick
3. Melissa Trudinger and Elisabeth Auld
4. Erin Prais-Hintz and Lesley Watt
5. Jenny Davies-Reazor and Patti Vanderbloemen
6. Kim Bender-Hora and Beth and Evie McCord
7. Becky Pancake and Lynne Bowland
8. Therese Frank and Karen Williams
9. Melissa Meman and Linda Hanes
10. Sandi Volpe and Linda Landig
11. Alicia Marinache and Susan Kennedy