Week 51... can't say it / write it / think about it without sighing deeply. I did a lot this year, but a lot still needs to be done!
This week's prompt is 'Togetherness' - which only fits perfectly... as all Miss Sally's other prompts.
This is the time we get together more. As my hubby is working weekends, we have a hard time during the year to meet friends, so the 7-10 days between Christmas and the beginning of school / work is the one packed with togetherness. It is rare you'll find us idle from December 25th to January 2nd-3rd.
But for that to happen, there is another togetherness that must become: preparing for the Christmas!
- first we plan (if you click on the picture to make it larger, you'll see William's plan on the white board :) )
- then we bake ~ here we make the dough for the sweet bread
- and here we have a special sweet with turkish delight
- then we cook - as you can see, the sausages are done, William is preparing the meat for the cabbage rolls
- his way of preparing meat :)
- somewhere in between we get our tree - it has been cut by us for the past 3 years in a row (plus one a couple of years before)
- then we bring the tree home and we try to fit an 8 ft tree into an 8 ft ceiling height room. It's always interesting, and we always end up with a more trapezoidal shape than conic :)
- then we decorate the tree
- ... and after a few more days of cooking and baking we get the letter from Santa and maybe not coal in the stockings :)
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you are together with your loved ones!